All is good here, I like Germany a lot! The culture is different than America but I love it.
I have done a lot around the house with John and Martina (my host parents) this last week. And I also have met some German friends.
Am Donnerstag (on Thursday) ich habe eis gegessen mit Hanna, Rebecca und Maike (I ate ice cream with....) it was good and they showed me the school and we talked in the city center.
On Friday I went to the Market! It was in the city center and I would be lying if I told you I didn't get lost; I did. And when I got there I saw Hanna and I went with her to buy a planner. She had to leave soon after and I walked around the market. I also bought 2 postcards, one for each grandma and I bought them in German!!
Today was also a good day. I read a child's book with Martina. And at 8:15 PM I went with Rebecca to meet some friends to drink cocktails. Dear Rotarians reading this, they were non-alcoholic you don't need to worry.
Overall I am just having an amazing time here! Tomorrow is "Pferderennen Quakenbrück" (horse races) and I am going again with Rebecca and some other friends :) I am very excited! I will write soon :)
Tschüss!
P.S. Maike and Maaike are different people. Maaike is my host sister who is on exchange in Brazil and Maike is my friend here in Germany.
No comments:
Post a Comment