I am in Germany finally! It is so beautiful and very green. Germany is colder and much more rainy than Colorado.
The flight was long and I didn't sleep at all. I the one highlight of the flight was when I ordered water, but then I had to revert back to English because I didn't know what the flight attendent said after that. He told me it was "sparkling or still."
When I arrived after that my host family gave me many hugs and they also brought along my host sister's friend Rebecca. I finally realized what I had gotten myself into when I tried to keep up with the German conversation in the car. I undersood only words and phrases. After the drive we arrived at the house we ate and I got to talk to Rebecca. Her English is amazing, and she is so nice! We had dinner after Rebecca left and after that I unpacked and slept.
Today I woke up and had a funny German misunderstanding. My host mom said "Do you want to eat breakfast now?" and I thought she said "Have you eaten breakfast?" so I quickly said "Nein!!" (that means no) so we had to use English to clear that up . Today we also went into the main city which is beautiful!!! We went to the Bank, and an insurance place. Then when we came home I went back to the town with my host father on bike and we drove to my new school! I think I will like it here!
Mit Liebe,
Kelsey
It is so fun to read about! I am glad you like it and I can't wait to hear what you do next!
ReplyDelete