I think we can all agree I fail at blogging....
Anyways Pferderennen Quakenbrück was fantastic and then I had my first day of school which started off in the church and then I adventured with Rebecca to find my class. I genuinely like my class, as a whole they are fantastic!! I am liking school kind of. I try very hard but still am unable to understand lectures and certain book assignments. That is why I love Math and Bio. These classes are good because I can genuinely understand them BUT I can't explain them in German. I know what is going on, but often times I can't do the homework or bookwork even in those classes because of the language barrier. So that means in Politics, History, Geography, German, Chemistry and Physics I have no idea what is going on. Ever.
Then there is English. Haha my first English class it actually took me a while to realize she was speaking English I was like "I understand....wait....wait...ENGLISH." I kick butt in that class because I understand it all :D I actually didn't do my homework for that class the other day and then she called on me. I calmly flipped my notebook to a page with English writing and improvised the whole thing and she didn't even know. That teacher frustrates me a lot. She always picks me to read, but she should be choosing people who are learning English. Then she says "Stop speaking German!! You are here to learn ENGLISH!!" and I hate when she says that because I am obviously in Germany to learn English -_- not. Otherwise I enjoy understanding everything for a few minutes out of the week.
There are 3 other exchange students in my school. A boy from the USA, a girl from Argentina and a boy from Thailand. The girl from Argentina and the boy from Tailand are leaving next week, they came 6 months ago. So there will only be two of us for a while and I never see him. I hope I can see him more though :) it is nice to have another exchanger the same town.
Also I had my first orientation weekend last week :D I freaking love Rotary exchange students!! There are about 80 of us. It would be impossible to describe the whole weekend it was fantastic! We had orientation (blah), then we talked with others from our country and with ROTEX (people who went on exchange and now help with the inbounds in their Rotary District), we prepared and presented presentations of our country to future exchange students and then THE SLEEPOVER!!
The sleepover was simply the best thing ever!! At first I was only hanging with my fellow Americans but I eventually branched out a bit more and met people from every corner of the globe. I especially "clicked" with a girl named Anni from Finland. (Dear Anni if you are reading this I loved talking with you <3 ). We met while making small talk waiting for a bathroom stall to open up and then we ended up talking for hours! That was easily one of the best weekends of my life. Then I took my first European train home, which was an adventure. As soon as I got home I spoke German with my host Mom and then we went for a tour of a large Bakery.
That is the run down of my last 2 weeks, I am loving Deutschland. If you want to hear more details about anything let me know. I didn't mention anything about my 3 after school activities Music School, Theatre and School Band. I will talk more about those next time.
Tschüss!
Kelsey
No comments:
Post a Comment