Thursday, August 16, 2012

Die Partei (The Party)

Before I talk about the big event of this post I wanted to talk about the term "Immersion" which I used in my last post. Immersion is basically integrating into the culture of a foreign country. When you are immersed in the culture, with all of the similarities and differences you should begin to see a change in how you view the world.

There are 9 days before I leave and I was going to post yesterday because 10 days seems to be a good milestone to post at, but decided to hold off because I was leaving for a friend's house. I went to my friend Maddy's house for a sleepover. As I walked down the stairs I saw a huge poster that said, "Aufwiedersehen!" along with many balloons and streamers that were the color of the German flag. My friends came out and I nearly started crying. It was such a beautiful gesture of kindness and I am glad to have so many supportive and amazing friends. We stayed up late playing games and talking, it was hard for me to leave so early in the morning.

To all my friends: I love you and will miss you very much <3

Mit Liebe,
Kelsey

1 comment: